Saturday, August 2, 2008

Of Fonts And Images

I don't feel like posting any poetry today.
I just write to tell everyone why I changed the font on my blog to Courier. Well, even though I am NOT a serif fan, I like courier because it reminds me of a time decades ago when poetry was type-written on a mechanical typewriter, then possibly photocopied, before being posted on lamp-posts across the streets from trendy independent coffee shops.
The problem with this font is that I had to shrink it a bit, since at the previous size not all of each line of poetry can fit on just one line of the blog. So it may actually be harder to read than the default font was.

I did say I didn't have any poetry for you all today. But I do have pictures! (Pictures, yay!)

The first picture is titled "Bulbous Sky". (Don't ask me what it is suppose to be a picture of, exactly.)
The last picture is titled "An Innermost Metaphor". That seems appropriate, since my visual art is taking the place of any poetry today.




One last thing. As of now, I have the blog setting so that there are 10 posts put on the main page. So as of today, the first blog I wrote has vanished from the main page, since this is post number 11, I think.
If you want to see my first post (with its poem about a butterfly), I think you can still get to it via the archive link. Hopefully, anyway.

Thanks,
Leroy Quet

No comments: